Once you're at the gym, there is nothing else to use as an excuse. You have to actually get there. We make all the excuses in the world to avoid doing something we know we have to do, but may just procrastinate doing, even if it is good for us; i.e. the gym.
First of all, if you have a membership, you're now paying services to something, so you better actually use it.
1) Join a gym, or invest in some at home bands. At home equipment can be inexpensive and available at Amazon. Mini bands, sliding discs or any workout bands and a can do wonders and you don't even need dumbbells now. So excuse #1, no gym, no worries.
2) Crank up your music now. I personally cannot start thinking about my workout until my music comes on. As I'm getting dressed, driving to the gym or getting ready for a run, my music starts playing. Music can kick your mood up a notch. What ever you prefer, get your mind and body moving to a rhythm.
3) Not for all, but taking a bit of caffeine or a pre-workout can increase your energy. I personally love RSP Nutrition's pre workouts. If you don't like the tingles of a pre workout, stay away from beta-alanine in the ingredients.
4) Make it a social outing. If going alone has you un motivated, grab your girls or bros an make a set time for the gym. Hold each other accountable!
5) Set an intention. Set a goal. Make it small first because it sounds a bit disappointing but making such a dramatic goal at first can actually disc rouge you from reaching it. If you want to lose 30 pounds, more power to you, but start off by saying, "I'm going to lose 15 this month", and then take it from there.
NO EXCUSES...GO GET SWEATY!